Instant noodles or better known as maggi are semi-cooked noodles that are dried and mixed with oil, usually eaten after cooking or soaked in hot water for a few minutes. It is a type of food that is very popular among bachelors as well as those who wanted to manage their finances.
But you know, despite the delicious instant noodles that have a variety of flavors, they are actually less healthy if eaten in large quantities and continuously. This is because the content in the noodle seasoning contains high levels of Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and salt. These flavors have various negative effects on health, especially on kidney function.
The content of dioxins and plasticizers contained in packing packs (usually in the form of bowls or cups) is also said to be able to increase the risk of cancer attacks among consumers. Chemicals dissolved in hot water will be dangerous if eaten directly from the bowl.
Don’t forget your instant noodle-cooking technique. Did you know, the wax content covering the noodles immediately takes 4-5 days to digest. What about the effects on pregnant mothers and children?
Children under the age of 5 will have trouble absorbing nutrients if he takes instant noodles more than 3 times a week. Taking instant noodles too often for pregnant mothers can also lead to miscarriage or disrupt the fetal growth process. So, you women, try to avoid craving instant noodles. Try to replace it with other foods that are more nutritious.
136 additives mostly chemicals are allowed to be added to instant noodles by Codex, WHO / FAO food standard. Of the 136 additives, 24 are sodium salts. That is why instant noodles contain high sodium.
One packet of instant noodles alone can contain about the maximum allowable daily intake of 2,400 mg of sodium. In addition to many additives and high sodium levels, instant noodles also contain high amounts of fat. Most noodles are immediately fried in the process of making.
10 Ingredients Available In Instant Noodles:
Are instant noodles real food or fake food? What exactly is this additive and how safe is it? Here are some ingredients you might take along with your instant noodles.
1) Calcium Sulfate: Paris Chalk.
2) Tartaric Acid: Chemicals used in laxatives and to whiten mirrors. More toxic than 100% pure alcohol.
3) Calcium Oxide: Used for waste treatment and in pesticides.
4) Tertiary Butylhydroxyquinone (TBHQ): Petroleum based products; a form of butane (liquid in a lighter).
5) BHT: Risk of carcinogens and harmful effects on the kidneys.
6) Propyl Gallate: A xenoestrogen (a hormone-like compound). May have side effects on reproduction, healthy fetal development and inhibit sperm production.
7) Pentasodium triphosphate: The most powerful detergent (often used in detergents), tanning ingredients for the skin; also used in paper production, petroleum refining, mine applications and water treatment.
8) Propylene Glycol: A synthetic solvent that is considered a neurological poison. Used for the manufacture of refrigerants, automotive antifreeze, liquids that function in hydraulic pressure and so on. Excessive amounts taken can lead to kidney damage.
9) Polydimethylsiloxane: Used in contact lenses, shampoos (to make hair shiny and smooth), lubricating oils and heat-resistant tiles.
10) Artificial coloring: Contributes to hyperactivity in children; may also contribute to visual and learning disorders, nerve damage; maybe the cause of cancer.
17th September 18:51