Speaking of beauty, there must be many women who are willing to spend money to get bright, smooth and fluffy skin.

But not all beauty products that use natural ingredients from growing plants and fruits are proven to be effective.

Who doesn’t know about face wash tips using frozen tomatoes? There are many benefits to washing your face with frozen tomatoes. Even tomatoes can be used as a face mask.

  • Crush the ripe tomatoes and then rub on the skin.
  • Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with water.
  • It is advisable to do it 2 times a week for optimal effect.

Tomatoes also have antioxidant content such as lycopene and zeazanthin and are effective in shrinking acne on the face and smoothing or shrinking pores.

Combined skin types can use a combination of tomatoes and avocado filling. Blend both ingredients and apply on face.

Oily face types can use a mixture of cucumbers and tomatoes. Blend and pat on the face, it will reduce excess oil on the face.

If the skin type is dry, you can use a mixture of tomato and olive oil. It will give a moist and soft effect on your face.

What tomato has to offer?
Tomatoes are a nutrient-dense superfood. It offers benefits to various body systems. Its nutritional content is beneficial for healthy skin, weight loss, and heart health. Although tomatoes are now very popular and known throughout the world, the fact is that it was once considered a poisonous plant in ancient times.

However, with the results of authentic studies, the nutrient content in tomatoes proved to be very good not only for the beauty of the skin, but also for the health of the body.

Tomato water content is about 95%. The other 5% consists mainly of carbohydrates and fiber.

Carbohydrates
Carbohydrates make up 4% of raw tomatoes, amounting to less than 5 grams of carbohydrates for the average sized tomato (123 grams). Simple sugars, such as glucose and fructose, make up almost 70% of the carbohydrate content.

Fiber
Tomatoes are a good source of fiber, providing about 1.5 grams per tomato of average size. Most of the fiber (87%) in tomatoes is insoluble, in the form of hemicellulose, cellulose and lignin.

Vitamins and Minerals
Tomatoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals.

Vitamin C: Nutrients and essential antioxidants. A medium-sized tomato can provide about 28% of the recommended daily intake.

Potassium: An essential oil, beneficial for blood pressure control and prevention of cardiovascular disease.

Vitamin K1: Also known as phylloquinone, vitamin K is important for blood clotting and bone health.

Folate (B9): One of the B vitamins, essential for tissue growth and normal cell function. It is very important for pregnant women.

Lycopene
Of all the plant compounds found in tomatoes, lycopene is very important nutrient content. It is a red pigment and antioxidant, which has been extensively studied for its health benefits.

Lycopene is the most abundant carotenoid in ripe tomatoes and is found in the highest amounts in tomato skin. The redder the tomato, the more lycopene it contains.

Tomato products, such as tomato sauce, tomato juice and tomato-based sauce, are a rich source of lycopene and provide more than 80% of lycopene foods in the United States. In fact, the amount of lycopene in processed tomato products is higher than that of fresh tomatoes.

Other foods in your diet may have a strong effect on the absorption of lycopene from the digestive system. Eating it with fat can increase absorption by up to 4 times.

However, there is individual variability here, and not everyone absorbs lycopene at the same rate. Although processed tomato products are higher in lycopene, it is better to eat fresh foods than processed foods for long-term health effects.

By Nurul
21:55 3rd August 2020

This article is an initiative brought to you by Return Legacy Malaysia
Return Legacy Malaysia
Return Legacy International 

Our partner sites:
Legacy Times 传城时代 (精心与您分享最精彩的资讯内容)
Legacy Verve 传健刊 中文 English

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.