Tired of having the same old menu for your breakfast? Bread, fried rice, porridge, or boiled eggs only? It is time for you to opt for something new, maybe you can try oats. It does not only taste good but it also contains various benefits for the health of the body. It is helpful in maintaining weight, keeping blood sugar levels stable, and choosing heart disease.
Your hectic schedule may cause you to not have time to eat. But breakfast is very important, for you to regain energy after sleeping all night on an empty stomach, so you can be more focused and not starve during the day.
However, choosing a breakfast menu should not be arbitrary. Not only can it be satisfying, breakfast should also contain good nutrition. One of the best foods to use as a breakfast menu is whole oats. These grains are low in calories, but rich in fiber and protein.
Oats are dried wheat seeds that can be processed into food in the form of oatmeal. Oats contain many nutrients that the body needs, such as carbohydrates, healthy fats, proteins, fiber, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and iron.
Oats are not only good to eat at breakfast, but also good to eat at lunch or dinner. In addition, oats are also good to consume daily. Here are the reasons why:
- Oats also contain a unique fiber called beta-glucan. This fiber is able to stimulate the immune system, reduce bad cholesterol, launch BAB and prevent constipation, as well as increase the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract.
- According to a study, consuming fiber-rich foods, such as oats, can help maintain weight. This is thought to be due to the fiber and protein content of oats will be digested more slowly, thus making the body feel full longer.
- The antioxidant content of oats is believed to lower blood pressure by increasing the production of nitric oxide. This substance can help dilate blood vessels, so that blood pressure becomes less and blood flow becomes smoother.
- Although it contains carbohydrates, oats are good for diabetics to consume. These grains have a low glycemic index, so they are able to keep blood sugar levels stable.
Although naturally gluten-free, oats can sometimes be exposed to gluten when harvested or processed with previously used tools to process other grains that contain this protein. If you have celiac disease or gluten allergies, choose oats that have been certified gluten-free.
You can begin to consider oats as your daily breakfast, now that you are aware of the various benefits of oats for your body’s health. Oats can be processed into oatmeal porridge by adding hot water, milk, and fruits, such as bananas or apples. Alternatively, you can add yogurt, honey, and nuts, such as almonds and cashews.
Here are some advantages to taking oatmeals as your breakfast menu.
- Provides more energy
The soluble fiber content in oats can slow down the process of sugar absorption from food. This makes the energy intake more stable for a longer period of time, so you will feel energized throughout the day.
- Make satiety last longer
Breakfast oats can also make your stomach feel full longer. The complex carbohydrates contained in oats are digested more slowly by the body, so you do not quickly feel hungry and avoid the urge to eat snacks or overeat.
- Healthy digestive tract
At breakfast, you are encouraged to consume high-fiber oats. The soluble and insoluble fiber content in oats is beneficial in maintaining the health of the digestive tract, aiding bowel movements, and preventing constipation.
Not only that, the breakfast oats routine is also believed to reduce the risk of developing colon cancer, although this still needs to be further investigated.
- Lower cholesterol levels
Consuming oats for breakfast can reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. This is because the soluble fiber in oats is able to bind the bad cholesterol in the intestines, to be later removed from the body through the feces. In addition, oats can also reduce the absorption of bad cholesterol in the bile.
- Maintain blood sugar levels
Another fact of consuming oats every morning is that this habit can keep blood sugar levels normal. Oats contain fiber that can inhibit the absorption of sugar while keeping blood sugar levels stable. If consumed regularly, oats can also lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
24th July 2020 10:09
Our partner sites:
Legacy Times 传城时代 （精心与您分享最精彩的资讯内容）